Friday, January 4, 2013

Here is my receipe for homemade CLOTH DIAPER SAFE laundry detergent. I use this on ALL of my famlies laundry and it is fantastic! 2 parts Borax, 2 parts washing soda, 1 part Oxyclean free and clear. I use 2 bumgenius scoops per load (I'm guessing 2 TBS) These are the same ingredients in the major cloth diaper detergents MINUS the filler. Every few loads of cloth diapers I add 5 drops of Tea Tree Oil to my cold prewash. Then hot wash cold rinse with 2 BG scoops of my detergent. Sometime I also add 5-10 drops of lavender oil for fun to the wash cycle. I have NO build up or stink issues and my diapers are SPOTLESS. (I always rinse solids off as they occur). I have NEVER stripped my diapers. Once a month I use 1/3 cup bleach on my flats, prefolds and inserts in the cold prewash ( I add the covers in after prewash for the hot/cold wash cycle). This detergent has saved my family so much money!

2 comments: