Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Homemade wipe solution for cloth wipes

We use cloth wipes along with my son's cloth diapers. At first I thought it would be a pain in the butt- however it turns out to be easier than using disposable wipes-and so much cheaper! We use mostly baby wash cloths, but we do have a few store bought wipes. I hope to make my own soon! Here is my cloth wipes solution receipe:




I use Mustela baby wash and Mustela baby lotion.

Add two or three squirts of the lotion and the baby wash to 3 cups of hot water and whisk the mixture together.


Pour the mixture into wipes warmer (wipe it out between uses, usually once a week) and then add an additional 2 cups of hot water.



Plug warmer in and you are ready to go! I prefer to dip the wipes in the warmer as needed-it seems to keep everything fresh.

3 comments:

  1. Good idea to put them in the wipe warmer! I never would have thought about that. I just used a squirt bottle thing and just filled it with water, and sometimes put a few drops of wipe solution in it. Stopping by from the blog hop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome. You say wipe it out between uses-is that daily, weekly, monthly?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wipe it out weekly between changes.

    ReplyDelete